9 Questions to Ask a Probate Lawyer
professional careers to helping people navigate this confusing, scary and sometimes quite lengthy process.
If you have been named an executor of an estate and need help with the probate process, how do you choose one probate lawyer over the other? There is no single answer to this question. The best plan is to interview several different probate lawyers, ask them questions about their experience and services and make sure you can establish a good rapport with that person and their team.
Here are 9 questions to ask probate lawyers in Colorado:
- Have you handled a wide variety of probate cases (simple, complicated, large estates, small estates, contested)?
- How long do you think it will take to go through probate for my specific situation?
- What potential problems do you expect with my case?
- How many years have you handled probate cases in Colorado?
- Will the work on my case be handled by you or others in your office?
- Do you charge an hourly rate or a flat fee for services?
- Can you provide a list of client references?
- What sets you apart from other probate attorneys in Colorado?
- Do you prepare estate tax returns if my estate is large enough to warrant the filing of one?
Don’t feel intimidated to readdress any questions for which you do not receive satisfactory answers.
At The Brown Law Firm, LLC we are happy to discuss your situation and allow you to get to know our close-knit legal family. We encourage potential clients to ask all of the questions above – and any others they can think of – to learn more about our approach to the probate process.
To arrange a meeting with our Denver probate lawyers, call (303) 339-3750 or visit our website. We look forward to meeting you.