How Do You Find an Estate Lawyer in Denver?
There are dozens of estate planning lawyers in the Denver area. Whether you have a complicated estate and detailed wishes or you just want to set up a simple will, you should make sure you are hiring the best legal help possible. After all, this is your legacy…it’s your family you want to protect…so find the best help to ensure you have completely thought through most foreseeable scenarios by choosing the best lawyer possible.
Recommendations from family, friends and coworkers can help steer you in the right direction. You can also read testimonials from past clients of different lawyers you are researching. At The Brown Law Firm, LLC we have a long list of satisfied clients that are happy to share their stories…clients like these:
“We were moving from Texas to Colorado and needed help reviewing our estate plan documents now that we lived under Colorado law. We were looking for a boutique firm where we could get direct partner access and expertise without big firm overhead. Based upon a referral from Wells Fargo Wealth Advisors in Denver, we contacted Nicole Brown. Not only did she do an excellent job of conforming our documents to Colorado law, she also highlighted some recent changes in the estate tax code, noted several options we should consider, and vastly simplified our estate planning structure. The cost for her services was extremely fair and we felt not only did we get great value but also deep expertise in estate planning. We’re very thankful that we connected with Nicole and we really enjoyed working with her. She took the time to walk us through all our options and the implications of each decision. We would highly recommend her for estate planning legal help.”
- P.L. and A.L., Estate Planning Clients
Questions to Ask Estate Planning Lawyers
We recommend scheduling a face-to-face meeting with your prospective lawyer to make sure you feel a good rapport with not only the attorney but also the entire office staff. During that meeting, you should ask questions such as:
- How many years of direct estate planning experience do you have? You’ll want a lawyer with extensive experience in drafting wills and trusts.
- Is estate planning the primary focus of the practice? The more focused the practice on estate planning, the more current they will be on new laws that may affect your plan.
- Does your firm handle probate, estate litigation and other more complicated estate matters? A well-rounded estate firm is your best choice, in case any unforeseen complications arise.
- Do you schedule estate document reviews periodically? Or do you offer one-time services only? It is best to review your estate plan on a regular basis to ensure there are no changes in laws, update of your beneficiaries or executors, etc.
- What are the fees for your services? In most cases, a flat fee is advisable for estate planning, rather than hourly rates.
- What is the typical timeframe for wills, trusts, etc. to be drafted? This answer will shed light on how busy the practice is and how fast they will be able to attend to your needs.
- Can you explain the tax ramifications for my choices in different estate plans? Estate taxes can take a big bite out of your estate at death. You’ll want to make sure you are protecting your estate from taxes as much as possible.
The team at The Brown Law Firm, LLC is ready to answer all of these questions – and more – about estate planning in Denver. Contact us today at (303) 339-3750 or send us a message online to start the conversation about your estate and the best ways to protect it.